Good afternoon, everyone. Community Team here, happy to announce that the ol’ Grooveshark has been updated. We’re working some serious behind-the-scenes magic right now and we’ll be thrilled to deliver some exciting new changes to you in the near future.
In the meantime, we’ve fixed a ton of bugs. Here are the ones that we’d like to make you aware of. Remember, if you’re having problems with the site today, please clear your cache and cookies and restart your browser.
- If you’re stuck on IE7, we fixed the bug that prevented you from connecting to Facebook.
- Likewise, we fixed a problem some Firefox users were having with Facebook locking up.
- We should now be displaying the correct number of ‘points earned’ for failed surveys instead of confusing you with the number of points the survey was worth, regardless of what you earned.
- We fixed a long-standing frustrator by making the hover state for loop, shuffle, and crossfade look the same as the ‘on’ state.
- We fixed the weird formatting bug that made our emails look like they were sent by a teletype.
As always, if you have any questions for the Grooveshark developers or notice anything’s going strangely, please do not hesitate to spam our Facebook wall, tweet at us, or get in touch with our growing community on the Grooveshark subreddit.
We know you’ve all been practically convulsing with anticipation about this one, so we’re extremely, extremely, extremely pleased to announce that Grooveshark has released two quick updates to our Android application. We released one version of the app that fixed a few people’s bugs early in the week, then took the feedback we received and created another fix that should resolve the rest of the issues!
If you’ve got the app, it will ask you to update; if you don’t, point your smartyphone’s browser at m.grooveshark.com and start your free trial today!
First, please be sure to have a few megabytes of space available on your SD card before installing this update, as your offline songs and player cache will be migrated to these new directories on first run.
- We’ve released a revamped player which fixes many playback issues, including all those danged problems you’ve been having on your HD Desire, G2X, Atrix, and other fancy new phones.
- Player seeking is now supported — you can drag your scrubber around to different points of the song you’re listening to!
- Fixed crashes on small screen sizes. Your Citrus and other tiny-screened phones should now work like a dream!
- Added support for Simple Last.fm Scrobbler — this version won’t spam your notifications, it caches offlined scrobbles, and works on phones the old scrobbler didn’t work on.
- When using Simple Last.fm Scrobbler, favoriting a song syncs the song with your list of Last.fm loved songs
- Added support for BugSense, a tool that allows us to better monitor app crashes and make quick fixes to problems!
- Added the option to automatically download app updates - you can toggle it on your Settings menu.
- Offline songs and player cache are written to Android-managed directories, and are removed on uninstall.
We’re working around the clock over here at the shark tank to ensure that our lovely listeners can take their music on the go, so we hope you find this new update helpful!
Wednesday brings new and exciting changes to Grooveshark!
This week we’ve been trying to focus on three issues: Search, Surveys, and Widgets. Here’s a brief overview of what we did:
We improved our search algorithm and added A/B testing — which means you’ll be helping us improve our search feature based on what decisions you make on the search results page.
We fixed the issue that prevented you from doing surveys from a Facebook or Google-linked account.
For security buffs – we’ve made it so your password can now be up to 32 characters.
- You can create and customize your widget inside Grooveshark. Select multiple songs and right click to widgetify them, or widgetize a whole playlist by clicking on the playlist and then the Share Playlist button. Check it out:
And, for our Plus and Anywhere Subscribers, we’ve created VIDEO MODE! Now all you aspiring VJs have the tools to rock the party. Activate Video Mode by first adding some music to your queue, then selecting Enable Video Mode in the More Options menu, located above the queue on the right side of the interface:
Create awesome video playlists with ease. Full screen it, high def it, spin yourself a full set. Enjoy!