[Image via Shutterstock]
ALGORITHMS ARE A START, BUT THEY DON’T CURATE, PROVIDE CONTEXT, OR PERSUADE YOU TO LISTEN.
Play, pause, and turn up the volume on your favorite Grooveshark playlists without ever touching your mouse, thanks to the technology of Leap Motion.
With the Leap Motion controller’s motion-sensor technology, Grooveshark users can navigate throughout their entire queue, enjoy their favorite playlists, and experience everything they love about using Grooveshark, without having to toggle between different windows, or dealing with clunky hardware.
Grooveshark’s new full-screen play mode for Leap makes multi-tasking even easier. Whether you are finishing up some Spring cleaning, or hosting a party, simply wave your hand in front of the device to keep the tunes going during your listening session.
More about Leap Motion:
He was born in Canada, raised in Portugual, and currently resides in Finland. However, despite the fact that Miguel C. has experienced life around the globe, his history of travel is not the only attribute that makes this Shark a man of the world. With over 2,000 Grooveshark followers from around the globe, and over 700 listeners tuning into his broadcast daily, “Migmagnific" is the talent behind one of the most popular rock broadcasts on Grooveshark.
“…I used to listen to this old cassette from my father all the time, it had classic rock and blues on it. That was probably the biggest influence shaping my taste of music. Before Grooveshark I had only a few experiences as a DJ, I did a couple of parties for friends and one village party. I still remember the excitement and nervousness I felt on that village party, there was about 50 people.
When I discovered Grooveshark, I was happy to find out I could have the experience of being a DJ again. I never thought it would become such an important thing.”
Nothing makes us more excited than letting our Sharks know that there are even more ways to access the music they enjoy on the platform they love. We are happy to share a new perk for our Grooveshark Anywhere Subscribers, and a new email addition, for all users, that will keep you more up to date with what’s going on in the community.
- New: Desktop App Access all your Grooveshark music without ever having to open up your web browser with our new Grooveshark Desktop App. Grooveshark Anywhere subscriber running a Mac 10.7 or later can head to our Subscriptions page now to take advantage of this new feature.
- Emails We’ve decided to make sure you never miss an opportunity to get admiration for your awesome music taste. Our newest email messages will notify you anytime someone in the community comments on your profile or playlist.
Become a part of what makes Grooveshark the best place to listen, share, and collect music on the web? Join your fellow Sharks who consistently provide us with important feedback and email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing new site updates always gets us a little giddy, and this week is no different. We have tweaked our site to make your eyes happier, your broadcasts more interactive, and your listening experience more enjoyable.
- New: Introducing Broadcast Leaderboards. We have all become familiar with some of the rockstar broadcasters on Grooveshark, and now we can really see how our tastemakers stack up against one another. With the ability to filter by genre and date, users can now peek at which stations are climbing the charts.
- New: We’ve tweaked our song pages. Album art is now displayed in a large beautiful banner across the page. In addition, we’ve made “Comments” more visible, allowing you to instantly see what other members in the community are saying about the track.
- You can now use your keyboard navigations to maneuver through the auto-complete functionality in our Search bar.
- We’ve also made our usual bug fixes and edits to make hopping around Grooveshark even easier.
Want to be part of what makes Grooveshark the best place to listen, share, and collect music on the web? Join your fellow Sharks who consistently provide us with important feedback and email your suggestions to email@example.com.