New year… new music!
We all find ourselves sometimes listening to the same songs over and over again, in need of new tunes. In addition to recommending music here and on our Facebook and Twitter pages, there are really unique ways for you to find music on Grooveshark! This week we have three tips for you on how to discover new music!
1. Did you know about the Similar Artists feature on Grooveshark?
In the picture above, we are on Quiet Company’s Artist Page. All we did was type in “Quiet Company” in the Search bar on the home page, and clicked on “Quiet Company” in the search results to get to the Artist Page.
All you have to do is scroll down and look on the right side to see the Similar Artists feature. But wait! You can find Similar Artists another way!
On any Artist Page there is a tab at the top for Similar Artists!
You can click out to Artist Pages from any of our Stations, any Playlists, Radio, and much more! This way you can start with an artist you already like grooving to and discover new acts to love and listen to!
2. Our next tip of this terrific Tuesday is time travel!
Do you love 60’s music but you’re not sure what artists or songs you like? Problem solved! All you have to do is go to Grooveshark and type in “60’s” in the Search bar!
Do this with any decade of music that you like and you will find tons of compilations and playlists from other awesome sharks with fantastic taste in music!
Here we typed in “60’s” in the Search bar on the home page and clicked Playlists tab at the top of the page. This is where we find tons of playlists of 60’s tunes made from fellow sharks.
3. You can always find New Artists and New Releases on our Featured page! It’s updated weekly so you can always have a steady influx of new awesomeness to discover!
All you have to do is go to Grooveshark and click Explore at the top of the page! Check it out below.
Make it a musical year by kicking off 2012 with these great ways to find new artists that you can follow on Grooveshark, listen to whenever you want, and see them live this year! We hope that you will try these tips to discover music that suits your taste. See you tomorrow, Sharks!
If you don’t already know about today’s tip, it may just blow your mind… are you ready?
For all of you sharks that love to party, workout, and/or preview music, allow me to introduce you to your new best friend, Power Hour Mode.
1. Create or listen to a playlist of your favorite jams, choose one of our Radio Stations, or listen to the Popular Songs list.
2. In the bottom right-hand corner click the options wheel icon.
3. Click “Enable Power Hour Mode”!
No more watching the clock, Grooveshark does all the work for you! The song will change seamlessly every :60 to alert you to drink, change your workout, or listen to a preview of the next song. We thought many of you sharks would find this helpful to ring in the new year! Party on, sharks!
Hey Sharks! It’s the second week of Tuesday’s Tips in Grooveworld and in the spirit of the season we are giving you tips on how to give Grooveshark as a gift!
To give your friend or loved one an incredibly unique, cool, seriously discounted, and thoughtful gift, just follow these 7 easy steps:
1. Click here to head over to our holiday site theme where the gifting begins!
2. Click the red button that reads, “Send to a Friend”.
4. Choose the length (1 year, 6 months, or 3 months) of Grooveshark Anywhere premium subscription. All of these include a special holiday discount that we are offering from now until the end of December!
5. Add to cart and checkout!
6. Grooveshark will email you a special promotional code that you can give to your friend or loved one!
7. They can type in the promotional code here to redeem the best gift they will receive this holiday season!
Alliterative fate strikes again! Every Tuesday we will be giving you little tips on how to make your Grooveshark experience even more fantastic!
This week we are sharing six simple and easy keyboard shortcuts to enhance the time you spend jamming with us!
1. Hitting the space bar will play or pause the song you are listening to.
2. Pressing Command/Ctrl + the left arrow key will play the previous song in your Current Songs.
3. Hitting Command/Ctrl + the right arrow key will play the next song in your Current Songs.
4. Pressing Command/Ctrl + click will multiple select individual songs.
5. Holding Shift and clicking on the first and last songs in a group will select all the songs in between.
6. Hitting Command/Ctrl + up/down arrow keys will adjust the volume.
Come back every Tuesday for more great Grooveshark tips!