If you haven’t already heard from Mashable, then we are certainly ecstatic to be the first to let you know that there is a brand new way for you to enjoy all the Grooveshark tunes you love. Long weeks, sleepless nights, and copious amounts of caffeine have given birth to our browser-based HTML5 web-app. Your personal playlists, genre stations, and the rest of your favorite Grooveshark features are all accessible simply by going to Grooveshark.com on your mobile browser. Happy Listening :-)
After months of everyone at the shark tank working ‘round the clock to bring you a brand new user experience, we’re extremely excited to bring you all a complete redesign of Grooveshark! The all-new Grooveshark has arrived—a sleeker, more seamless experience with a powerful combination of streaming music and social networking.
Music is a universal language that inspires and connects people around the globe, and the Internet is a natural pathway for people to find more music they love. We understand the importance of discovering and sharing music with friends, and the redesign makes Grooveshark an efficient place to do both! In addition to improvements in speed, appearance, and navigation, the new Grooveshark places a heavy emphasis on social media sharing and community features that complement tighter integrations with third-party social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Last.fm and Reddit.
Key features and upgrades of the new Grooveshark include:
- A new Explore section that enables the discovery of music through a Featured Artist section, quick access to new releases and completely redesigned, genre-based Radio Stations!
- A Community section that allows users to follow and interact with tastemakers and friends while discovering more music tailored to their tastes that can be shared with the entire community through improved drag-and-drop functionality. This is a great place to see what everyone is listening to, find the good stuff and pass it off as your own discovery!
- Artist and user profile pages that allow fans to follow and interact with their favorite artists, discover mutual tastes, or follow what their friends are listening to. Find your friends and see what everyone is listening to! Just watch out for your Mom commenting on your latest dirty rap playlist… there’s a privacy setting for that!
- System-wide ability to comment on activities and events, reduced advertising intrusion, and more prominent event listings for quick access to information about concerts and music festivals all over the world!
- The ability to instantly transform your Current Songs to a music video Playlist without ever leaving Grooveshark!
And for all the artists out there: beginning today, you can login at http://artists.grooveshark.com to verify your tracks and start interacting with your fans!
Check out the redesign and let us know what you think! We’re really proud of the new site, and we hope you all love it as much as we do. Head to Grooveshark.com right now to start connecting with your friends and favorite artists!
Grooveshark is really excited to be involved with Bear Creek Music & Art Festival! The Festival, which runs from November 10-13, brings soul, funk and jam bands including the Trey Anastasio Band, Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood, The Funky Meters, Galactic and many more. In addition to the music, Bear Creek showcases visual art from an array of artists to create a multi-sensory experience.
Be sure to be on the lookout for Grooveshark employees at the festival! Grooveshark is proud to be bringing you the silent disco, swag and other surprises. We always love meeting our users and fans- especially when we can jam to great music together.
1. Create a playlist with 15 songs max from all of your favorite artists attending Bear Creek.
The two sharks who create the funkiest playlists will get a pair of tickets to the festival! The contest ends November 3rd. Good luck and have a great time making your playlist!
Hey sharks, this week we’re having another awesome Grooveshark Giveaway. We have two pairs of GA tickets to North Coast Music Festival for whoever makes the best North Coast playlist.
Here’s how you enter:
1. Create a 10-15 song playlist with your ideal lineup from the artists playing at North Coast Festival
Contest winners will receive:
1. A pair of GA tickets to be claimed at the gate
2. 3 months of Grooveshark Anywhere
The contest ends Tuesday at 7pm ET, so start makin’ those playlists! This is the first of two contests, so be sure to stay tuned for the second round.
We’ll see ya in Chicago!
Update: Thank you to everyone who has entered so far! We’re happy to announce that the first winner of two tickets to North Coast is Steve Kuzmanov with this awesome playlist.
You have until next Tuesday, Aug 30 to post a playlist and win our last pair of tickets!