We made a promise to ourselves to deliver music to the world and we are proud to say that we have now become the first music company on the planet to allow instant global access to streaming on-demand music, without the use of an app. All over the world Grooveshark users can now hop onto Grooveshark.com on their iOS and Android browsers and get instant access to their Playlists, Favorites, and their entire music catalog.
Not yet available in: UK, France, Italy, Spain, Singapore, Indonesia, China, Brazil, and Canada.
Election season is approaching fast and we want to make sure all of our amazing Grooveshark users are amped up and ready to have their voice heard. The Internet Votes is an awesome site that is using the power of the Internet to provide a simple way for digital Americans to register for this upcoming election. The last day to use this service is this upcoming Tuesday, September 25 so head over to The Internet Votes now and turn the volume up on your political involvement.
If you haven’t already heard from Mashable, then we are certainly ecstatic to be the first to let you know that there is a brand new way for you to enjoy all the Grooveshark tunes you love. Long weeks, sleepless nights, and copious amounts of caffeine have given birth to our browser-based HTML5 web-app. Your personal playlists, genre stations, and the rest of your favorite Grooveshark features are all accessible simply by going to Grooveshark.com on your mobile browser. Happy Listening :-)Love,
After months of everyone at the shark tank working ‘round the clock to bring you a brand new user experience, we’re extremely excited to bring you all a complete redesign of Grooveshark! The all-new Grooveshark has arrived—a sleeker, more seamless experience with a powerful combination of streaming music and social networking.
Music is a universal language that inspires and connects people around the globe, and the Internet is a natural pathway for people to find more music they love. We understand the importance of discovering and sharing music with friends, and the redesign makes Grooveshark an efficient place to do both! In addition to improvements in speed, appearance, and navigation, the new Grooveshark places a heavy emphasis on social media sharing and community features that complement tighter integrations with third-party social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Last.fm and Reddit.
Key features and upgrades of the new Grooveshark include:
- A new Explore section that enables the discovery of music through a Featured Artist section, quick access to new releases and completely redesigned, genre-based Radio Stations!
- A Community section that allows users to follow and interact with tastemakers and friends while discovering more music tailored to their tastes that can be shared with the entire community through improved drag-and-drop functionality. This is a great place to see what everyone is listening to, find the good stuff and pass it off as your own discovery!
- Artist and user profile pages that allow fans to follow and interact with their favorite artists, discover mutual tastes, or follow what their friends are listening to. Find your friends and see what everyone is listening to! Just watch out for your Mom commenting on your latest dirty rap playlist… there’s a privacy setting for that!
- System-wide ability to comment on activities and events, reduced advertising intrusion, and more prominent event listings for quick access to information about concerts and music festivals all over the world!
- The ability to instantly transform your Current Songs to a music video Playlist without ever leaving Grooveshark!
And for all the artists out there: beginning today, you can login at http://artists.grooveshark.com to verify your tracks and start interacting with your fans!
Check out the redesign and let us know what you think! We’re really proud of the new site, and we hope you all love it as much as we do. Head to Grooveshark.com right now to start connecting with your friends and favorite artists!