After months of everyone at the shark tank working ‘round the clock to bring you a brand new user experience, we’re extremely excited to bring you all a complete redesign of Grooveshark! The all-new Grooveshark has arrived—a sleeker, more seamless experience with a powerful combination of streaming music and social networking.
Music is a universal language that inspires and connects people around the globe, and the Internet is a natural pathway for people to find more music they love. We understand the importance of discovering and sharing music with friends, and the redesign makes Grooveshark an efficient place to do both! In addition to improvements in speed, appearance, and navigation, the new Grooveshark places a heavy emphasis on social media sharing and community features that complement tighter integrations with third-party social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Last.fm and Reddit.
Key features and upgrades of the new Grooveshark include:
- A new Explore section that enables the discovery of music through a Featured Artist section, quick access to new releases and completely redesigned, genre-based Radio Stations!
- A Community section that allows users to follow and interact with tastemakers and friends while discovering more music tailored to their tastes that can be shared with the entire community through improved drag-and-drop functionality. This is a great place to see what everyone is listening to, find the good stuff and pass it off as your own discovery!
- Artist and user profile pages that allow fans to follow and interact with their favorite artists, discover mutual tastes, or follow what their friends are listening to. Find your friends and see what everyone is listening to! Just watch out for your Mom commenting on your latest dirty rap playlist… there’s a privacy setting for that!
- System-wide ability to comment on activities and events, reduced advertising intrusion, and more prominent event listings for quick access to information about concerts and music festivals all over the world!
- The ability to instantly transform your Current Songs to a music video Playlist without ever leaving Grooveshark!
And for all the artists out there: beginning today, you can login at http://artists.grooveshark.com to verify your tracks and start interacting with your fans!
Check out the redesign and let us know what you think! We’re really proud of the new site, and we hope you all love it as much as we do. Head to Grooveshark.com right now to start connecting with your friends and favorite artists!