Everyday we try to get a little better. That being said, we have some awesome new updates and upgrades that were built with the intent of making you smile.
Aside from our home page being faster than it has ever been, we have also added some new perks for our Grooveshark Anywhere subscribers. Check ‘em out:
- Personalize your Grooveshark profile pages now with our new Customized Themes! Whether it is a picture of your favorite band, or a photo of Pookie, your pet Pomeranian, our new themes allow you to show the Grooveshark community more of your personality. Check out the video below to see how it works.
- We’ve brought back our Visualizers! And we’ve also added a few new styles for you to choose from. Next time you are jamming out to tunes on Grooveshark, just click open the dropdown menu under the Queue button and select Visualizers to start the show.
- Profile Cards! Peeking at different friends, and casual acquaintances on Grooveshark has become even easier with our new profile cards. If you are hanging out in a Broadcast , just click a user’s name to see their Followers, Broadcast Plays, and Top Artists!
Want to be part of what makes Grooveshark the best place to listen, share, and collect music on the web? Join your fellow Sharks who consistently provide us with important feedback and email your suggestions to email@example.com.
Play, pause, and turn up the volume on your favorite Grooveshark playlists without ever touching your mouse, thanks to the technology of Leap Motion.
With the Leap Motion controller’s motion-sensor technology, Grooveshark users can navigate throughout their entire queue, enjoy their favorite playlists, and experience everything they love about using Grooveshark, without having to toggle between different windows, or dealing with clunky hardware.
Grooveshark’s new full-screen play mode for Leap makes multi-tasking even easier. Whether you are finishing up some Spring cleaning, or hosting a party, simply wave your hand in front of the device to keep the tunes going during your listening session.
More about Leap Motion:
He was born in Canada, raised in Portugual, and currently resides in Finland. However, despite the fact that Miguel C. has experienced life around the globe, his history of travel is not the only attribute that makes this Shark a man of the world. With over 2,000 Grooveshark followers from around the globe, and over 700 listeners tuning into his broadcast daily, “Migmagnific" is the talent behind one of the most popular rock broadcasts on Grooveshark.
“…I used to listen to this old cassette from my father all the time, it had classic rock and blues on it. That was probably the biggest influence shaping my taste of music. Before Grooveshark I had only a few experiences as a DJ, I did a couple of parties for friends and one village party. I still remember the excitement and nervousness I felt on that village party, there was about 50 people.
When I discovered Grooveshark, I was happy to find out I could have the experience of being a DJ again. I never thought it would become such an important thing.”
After Getting ‘Pummeled’ By Lawsuits, Music Streaming Site Grooveshark Is Making A Comeback
Nothing makes us more excited than letting our Sharks know that there are even more ways to access the music they enjoy on the platform they love. We are happy to share a new perk for our Grooveshark Anywhere Subscribers, and a new email addition, for all users, that will keep you more up to date with what’s going on in the community.
- New: Desktop App Access all your Grooveshark music without ever having to open up your web browser with our new Grooveshark Desktop App. Grooveshark Anywhere subscriber running a Mac 10.7 or later can head to our Subscriptions page now to take advantage of this new feature.
- Emails We’ve decided to make sure you never miss an opportunity to get admiration for your awesome music taste. Our newest email messages will notify you anytime someone in the community comments on your profile or playlist.
Become a part of what makes Grooveshark the best place to listen, share, and collect music on the web? Join your fellow Sharks who consistently provide us with important feedback and email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southern rock gets an urban twist in the form of breakout artist D.P.’s new album While We’re Still Young (out nationwide September 10) – and this self-classified genre of “piano-rap” is sure to shake up your Wednesday.
Drawing inspiration from his early training in classical music, days of touring dimly lit dive bars, and the opposing genres of pop-rock and hip-hop, D.P.’s sound is like the Zac Brown Band got a rhythmic facelift.
The catchy chorus to standout track “Make It On My Own” borrows from the famous Whitesnake lyrics, “I’m gonna make it on my own / going down the only road I’ve ever known,” and the themes of independence and self-driven success are hammered in by a propelling beat and harmonica. The song “I Ain’t Dead Yet” is an upbeat anthem where D.P. preaches “this is life, this is livin’” and waxes poetic about whiskey and women.
With a style spanning the genres, D.P.’s sound is unique yet accessible. And you can experience it by streaming on Grooveshark, here.